What is an Energy Audit?
An energy audit is a thorough evaluation of your home using our testing equipment to assess measures and ways to save energy and money in your household. These measures can vary, but may include:
- Repairing and cleaning cooling & heating systems
- Insulation upgrades in attics and crawl spaces
- Replacement of refrigerators, showerheads, LEDs, and thermostats
- Window caulking and weather-stripping doors
- & more!
During the Energy Audit, we evaluate the conditions of:
- Health and Safety (carbon monoxide levels and moisture problems)
- Cooling and heating system efficiency
- Lightbulbs, major appliances, showerheads, thermostats, and faucet aerators
- Air infiltration rates
- Insulation levels
- Hot-water system efficiency
- and other valuable and important areas in your household.
Our BPI certified energy auditors will make sure to evaluate your home as accurately as possible to increase the comfort levels of your household. It is important that you and your family have strong ventilation, air flow, and efficient energy usage so you can join the world on a mission to save energy and save money in the long run.
Two tests we run in your house are the Carbon Monoxide (CO) Analyzer and the Blower Door test.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Analyzer – Measures levels of carbon monoxide on your major combustion appliances to ensure they are safe for use.
Blower Door – Tests air tightness in your home and identifies areas of air leakage.
Afterwards, we use the results to generate a work scope for proposed improvements with costs and potential energy saving estimates!
For more information on how you can apply for the home weatherization process and energy audit,
call (609) 407-6900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org